Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 35 - Flashbacks for the Future


It's Labor Day weekend, and I'm looking online for a cheap LED tv. As I was looking through old pictures from an airshow, it hit me. In two years, I'm gonna graduate and probably going into the long awaited "real world." But I guess it's not that bad of a trade off. Working for Skunk Works in the future would be epic since they're always engineering ridiculously insane planes such as the SR-71, F-117, etc.

Lockheed Martin's SR-71, pictured above, was engineered in 1966 going a bit faster than Mach 3 (2,284 mph). But just a couple weeks ago, Lockheed Martin's newly engineered UAV HTV-2 (Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2) went Mach 20!! That's faster than 15,224 mph!! Just after hitting Mach 20, it crashed into the Pacific Ocean. Even though it sucks that it crashed, we now know that a plane is capable of reaching speeds that high. Check out the pictures of it below.


No comments:

Post a Comment