Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 55 - You and I, Collide


I’ve left my bike at school all summer and today I finally brought it home for some good maintenance. It’s been outside enduring all kinds of crazy weather and unfortunately rusted here and there. My tires needs a good pumping and my derailer needs some aligning done. Oh! My brakes! My brakes need some hardcore tightening!

Funny story. First day of school, I was biking up a hill trying to get to class and this n00bass freshman was walking into my lane. I was going pretty fast trying to gain momentum for the hill and didn’t want to brake, so I didn’t slow down (assuming she would be sensible enough to stop). She didn’t. She kept walking. I braked super hard as she attempted to avoid me but failed miserably. I swerve left, she leans right. I swerve right, she leans left. OMG! I ended up hitting her left shoulder with my right shoulder. Luckily, it wasn’t a full frontal collision. I immediately stopped the bike and asked if she’s OK. She said she’s fine and walked away. FYI. If a biker is coming at you, stand still (and let the biker choose which was to swerve)! Damn…

Funny thing is, no one actually noticed us. Haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment