Thursday, August 11, 2011

Seattle Recap

So here it is, some non-photoshopped pictures from my trip to Seattle, sunshine capital of the world. Haha although, I was fortunate enough to have it not rain for my stay. A four day trip, squished down to a small set of pictures. I really wish I could upload all 6.4 GB of pictures but that'd be way too much! Anyways, enjoy!



Self-explanatory. We should have more statues and/or monuments of famous people in Orange County, really liking the respect from Seattle here.



Shifting from wooden telephone poles to concrete/steel ones here has made our local streets all grey and boring. Seattle has stuck to the original wooden poles, less boring in my opinion, and ad friendly!


It's Niketown, in downtown!


Skyscrapers and CEOs and Wall Street and... Oh wait, this isn't New York City. Haha.


Everything is in walking distance here!


An ant's view of the world. Much much different than our's I'd have to say.


The newly constructed Student Center along with the newly created Redhawk logo.


Christmas lights in August? I sorta approve... Sorta.


I took a little stroll through campus one night and I'd have to say it is still pretty crowded, considering it's mid-summer.


Clam chowder with free sourdough bread was great in response to the windy city.


Strangest combination ever, but I guess that's what makes it so special. Those things will take out any vampire in no time! Haha.


The world famous Public Market, better known as Pike Place! I kid you not, there were at least twenty or more seafood stands!! I can now understand why Seattle is famous for its seafood and clam chowder.


The Gum Wall! So I'm guessing it started out as one person sticking their gum, and it just became a tradition and it added up, yeah. You get the picture. I added a neon green piece to the wall. Trident Layers green apple and golden apple flavor!


This was in the tunnel leading to the Gum Wall.  It really reminded me of something from the MOCA, Museum of Contemporary Art, in Los Angeles. I'm really liking the vibe up there, completely different than that of Socal.


Somewhat kinda weird? A bunch of baby faces? Haha who knows...


Blue skies, but the clouds moved moved pretty quick. All of a sudden, it got really windy here in downtown Seattle.



The port of Seattle, over looking the 5-Interstate freeway. Check out the lens flare! I was using a Nikon D90 with a Tokina 11-16mm, aperture set on f/22, if you were wondering.


A penguin at the mall in Downtown Seattle, composed of only recycled metal. Go green!


Hawk eye's view.


Check back for more updates + 365!

No comments:

Post a Comment